Friday, May 9, 2014

Contentment shows me that life is a gift!

"Love came up to me showing me that a contented mind is best for growth." The Yasna 43.

That was the  quote I read today at dawn and was wondering what contentment meant?

I read this quote when I picked my "virtues Card" see www. virtuesProject.com

It says: Contentment is an awareness of sufficiency, a sense that we have enough and we are enough. It is appreciating the simple gifts of life-friendship, books, a good laugh, a moment of beauty, a cool drink on a hot day.

Being contented, we are free from the pull of greed and longing. We trust that life provides what we need when we need it. Contentment allows us to experience satisfaction with what is.

We are fully present in this moment. Being contented does not obstruct our dreams or thwart our purpose. It is a place to stand and and view the future with a peaceful heart and gratitude for all that is and all that is to come."

And here are some affirmations to practice contentment:

I allow myself to be satisfied and grateful.
I trust that I am enough.
I enjoy where I am and what I have.
I resist the craving for more.
I am fully alive to the present moment.
I relax in the trust that life is good.

I just thought I share this with you! I think the virtues cards are making me a more conscious, more aware person, a better person <3
www.virtuesproject.com


No comments:

Post a Comment