Friday, February 14, 2014

What's the deal with today? Am I getting Red roses? :)

What's the deal with Valentine? The red roses, red hearts, parties, or maybe candle light dinners?
Do you have this thing in your gut who is going to be your Valentine?
 I mean come on if you don't have him/her today then probably the Valentine is going to suck! :) But why should it really?

I appreciate the fact that there is a day nominated to " Love" I really do. In US and A ( if you don't know what I mean please don't judge me just watch the movie "Borat") it seems Valentine is about love to all.
 What about In Europe and Middle East? Is it about guys buying gifts for ladies? Certainly there are some people who really live this day by it's all mean.

Last night I went for a quick walk, it was cold and rainy so I did part of  my walk in the shopping centre. I saw some guys desperate in the jewelry shops trying to buy something nice for their loved one. I hope I was wrong but I have seen documented reports of guys being really fed up because there is yet another day in addition to the birthday,  anniversary of marriage, of engagement, of their first date, Christmas gift, Naw Ruz , Ayyam-i Ha, Purim, Easter and you name it!

It is nice when you receive a red rose specially when the guy says I brought you a mirror :) But Love is not about that.

"Love is at the center of our being.It is the vital force that gives us energy and direction. It connects one heart to another.

Love is irresistible attraction an affection for a person, a place, an idea, or even for life itself.

Love is cherishing others treating them with tenderness.

Love thrives on acceptance and appreciation.

Love has the power to heal. It calls us to continually hone ourselves, while releasing the need to control or make someone in our image.

Nurtured by commitment and seasoned by kindness, love is our greatest gift."






No comments:

Post a Comment