Sunday, August 24, 2014

Writing out of love about negative thoughts.

 Do you think negatively about other people? Or you always have positive thoughts? How about when they have done something really bad to you?

Years ago when I was in Thailand, in my hotel room there was a little book on teachings of Buddha. I was jet lagged and couldn't sleep and the book was so nice and simple I began reading it.

It said when you have a thought in your mind, the whole universe is affected by it. It will be send out like  sound waves from a gramophone and it will become so widely scattered, it will fill up the whole universe and will come back to yourself and embraces you. And it continued, depending on the nature of your thought, good or bad, it will come back to yourself!

There was a drawing of an old gramophone in that book which was broadcasting flowers resembling positive and loving thoughts and that how those flowers were spreading, filling up the space and coming back and including the gramophone. That picture has stayed with me ever since.

 I sometimes think negatively about people. For example if a guy attacks you can you think positively about him?  You may even be so angry and express some very harsh negative words in your mind, but then you will finally calm down and get back to the "gramophone drawing" and "flower like sounds" :) You basically get back to your senses and realize that you and the whole world deserves peace, love, justice and positivity.

Thailand was beautiful, beaches were so peaceful, food was delicious, shopping...was gooood, but the illustration of gramophone and how my thoughts can affect you my friend, was the most precious gift I brought with me from Thailand.

May your thoughts be at peace, filled with love and positive energy, because it affects me, you see :)

 
"Armed with the power of Thy name nothing can ever hurt me and with Thy love in my heart
 all the world's affliction can in no wise alarm me."
Baha'i prayer


No comments:

Post a Comment