Friday, August 28, 2015

Do you have faith in your own lies to yourself?

 
Do you always tell the truth to yourself? Do you lie to yourself? How often do you do that? Or maybe you never do that and you thought how can one lie to oneself?

Few years ago I was attending and, later tutoring a course, and one of the questions in the begining of the curriculum was ”can one lie to oneself?”

Indeed the nature of the material on that course was to raise awarness, create healthy discussions and understanding amongst the participants and I must say I learned a lot from the diverse answers and comments everyone gave and I still do when I tutor one of these courses, but to myself, at the very first time, it felt like it lightened up a whole area in my brain and of course that area went dark again : )

 I believe I do lie to myself and no matter how much I want to get rid of it, I find myself trapped into that darkness.

I find myself saying I beleive in the Oneness of Mankind when that part of mankind who are wondering in the streets of Oslo begging bothers me so much. 

I look in the mirror and see the wrinkles around my eyes and mouth , I sadly hear myself saying ” I should do something about that” when  originally  I beleive in the power of laughter and practically I know wrinkles are the foot print of laughters, at least in my life!

I say I have intolerant to milk when no test on earth can proove that and I know deep down I have problem with my mother and I am so tired to work on that I rather skip the milk.

I say ” it is ok, take care!” to a man who has broken my heart when I want to scream so loudly until God, love and universe will hear me and not give me the same guy over and over again.

I hear the news about lack of water in some parts of the world poor economical situations, war, racial prejudice and I whisper in my inner being „ we don’t have this problem in Norway” where deep down I know it is one earth and those who have those problems sooner or later will find their way to the streets of Oslo.

I find myself in the dark over and over again.

What lies do you say to yourself? Do you dare to go to that dark area in your head? If you know you lie to yourself, the mere awareness of it, will it make you a more conscious person about your own being? Will it help you to be a more truthful person? 

What will happen if all the people of the earth would be truthful? 

And this was yet another question on the curriculum on that course now that I recall :) 

What would happen if all the people of the earth would be truthful? 

Does this question navigate you to the bright side of your brain? It will if you are an optimistic person. If you are realistic you will think „ but how can that be possible”? What about the politicians? what about the lawyers? hehehe!

Are you a politician or a lawyer? Probably not! What if I decide to be truthful to myself? I haven’t even started with you : ) and I know that is none of my business. 

The thing is, only when I start ”doing” what I am ”being” that hope is created and faith is established in me.


”By Faith it is meant conscious knwoledge and the practice of good deeds”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment