Friday, November 20, 2015

Are You Workaholic?


 Have you figured out what is your calling in life? Have you asked yourself what calls to you so strongly that you can not resist, knowing that it is truly yours to do? Or you haven't figured it out yet? That's alright. Probably you still have time to find out.

Today I read something from Rumi:

 "Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundred ways to kneel and kiss the ground."

And I am thinking when I graduated from medical school I had no clue what my calling was. Most of the "normal" people knew what they wanted to do, they wanted to work as a doctor. Of course I have no clue what normal is anymore, you know that about me. And I didn't want to "work" as a doctor, I wanted to passionately help people understand how precious their health was and how important it was to maintain that state of health and of course help them heal once the body is imbalanced.
Alas, I had not learned that in medical school.

Do I think that going to medical school was a waste of time? Nooooo! Absolutely not. There I learned about the beauty of human body and the immune system that is functioning better than any military in the world. There I learned how truly the universe is minimized in one single cell, how the miniature of solar system is in one single atom. Those facts were overwhelming and they still are.

Gaining knowledge in this world expands the inner wisdom that we already have. If our inner wisdom was the size of a dot compare to the whole knowledge of the world, by the time we graduate lets say from medical school, that dot has grown to a circle with the diameter of 1 cm or maybe yours is even larger, 3 cm :)
Probably as that dot gets bigger the surface and the contact with the knowledge of the world  also gets bigger, so  we realize there is more we don't know in another word, our perception of how much we don't know is greater too.

I am making a lot of sense to myself, I hope you get me too :)
That is why we shall never stop learning but we shall always trust the inner wisdom, the inner knowledge.

It seems to me that regardless of what you do, whatever you do, should be something you love.
And if you don't love what you do, as long as you "have to" do it, love it! If you don't, you won't survive, your body will give you a hint.

Make sure if what you do is a "have to" do, it is something you do temporarily and have your B plan which has actually been your  heart`s desire original A plan.
 Nothing in this world is sweeter than doing what you love to do. When you love your job, your job loves you too, then your committed & selfless YOU kicks in, then and only then, YOU will see who You really are!
That is when work becomes worship.
Inspired by You SecondMuse.

+XCity LifeMagazine +TV2 ØST +SoulPancake +Followup Team 

No comments:

Post a Comment