Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Left and Right brain, Adam and Eva!




”Women are not to be understood but to be loved”! This sentence caught my attention today. It was on a board in a shop, actually for sale. I would have bought it immediately if it was " Men are not to be understood but to be accepted." I don't know about you my friend but for years I have been trying to understand men. I am still trying with not much of success. I can't even say I have understood them a little bit...nottthing! And I mean it. All I know is I love them because they are so different and I do feel they are a part of us meaning that we have both the feminine and the masculine side to us. The physical proof of it are hormones and not to forget the right and left brain. The right and left brain fascinates me. Not that the hormones don't but I will reflect and write about that  some other time.

 When scientists say the left brain uses logic, forms strategies, is detailed oriented and knows object's names and the right brain uses feelings, present possibilities and knows objects' function, which one is the male and which one is the female side of the brain?
When they say the left brain uses logic it means it is reality based, it uses words and languages. When they say it forms strategies it means it is practical. When they say it knows objects' names it kind of says it knows maths and science and of course it is detailed oriented.

On the other hand the right brain uses feelings, it is fantasy oriented, it is about symbols and images.When they say the right brain  is about possibilities it means imagination rules and it is all about taking risk.When they say it knows object's function it means it is big picture oriented. Also that philosophy and religion are the topic of the right brain. Oh my it is the land of shalalala!

In whatever way I think about it, whatever we do is the combination of both and, a bunch of other thing, education, culture, upbringing and mostly the spirit. But lets say our right brain is our feminine side and the left is the masculine. Also that the very first feminine image all of us saw and genetically inherited and were carrying in our cells were our mother. Does that mean she is sitting right there in our right brain? Sort of.

Now we do have an image of the first feminine being right in front of us and our brain has all the potential to develop the best out of it’s right side. Yes what were they? It is about feelings, fantasy, symbols, images, imaginations, taking risk, knowing the function of objects, big picture, philosophy and religions… All these are the capacities and they don’t fit in the very image of the woman from whom you and I were suppose to learn it from. No wonder there exists the universal conflict of the mothers and daughters. It begins the moment we are born. Why? I tell you what I think which may not be so bad.

As an embryo our brain was not developed fully but, even then, we felt! Whatever was around us we perceived it as protection, love, nurturing, the All encompassing, and we were floating in some Luke warm fluid, nurtured and, fed before we even asked for it. We didn’t need to use our organs and limbs,we were in Heaven! And the one who was holding us, carrying us, and actually was always there in that little universe of us, we thought was Perfect, The most Loving, The Most Generous, The All knowing, The All wise. The moment we are born, we see the Perfect and when our skin touches hers we secrete some kind of glue hormone, and the bonding is made.

Then we grow up and as we do we realize grown up people have another God! Mother is not God at all. On the contrary, she actually is in her own feelings and fantasy world,  and you know what ? She doesn’t know it all at all! Then comes the disappointment and we keep going back and forth to the world of womb and we want that security and warmth, when someone else decided for us, fed us, loved us and protected us. We keep forgetting we have one of those universes in us, it used to be known as womb. But most of all we forget that potentially women are mother/God in the world of being.

Today I am grateful for being a grown up woman. I am connected to the universe which is folded into me. I am the universe. My God! Women are to be loved. I should go back to that shop and buy that board!

PariTheMuse

+Shadi Safajou
+Brigitte Aiff
+Apple iPhone and iPad Apps, News and Updates
+BBC News
+Science on Google+
+TEDMED
+Behin Hajipour
+Behin Hajipour
+The Blow Bar
+Women's Health magazine
+Cosmopolitan Magazine
+ELLE
+Oprah Winffrey
+Todd Khozein
+pegah hajipour
+Nandita Dhindsa
+anne george 

No comments:

Post a Comment