Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Writing for the sake of loving it :)

Sitting in the room full of boxes, I am thinking no matter how crowded and untidy this place is, I can still write. I am on the run, going away, running away, just like Forest Gump! He wasn't running away from himself, he was actually always with himself and took whatever "was". I am not Forest Gump. I think my mind is very active, but sometimes I can be passive.
I am reflecting on a matter that if a sound minded person like me ( at least I haven't been diagnosed) sometimes can be passive, is it because I am with myself or it is then, when I am actually away from myself?

Have you noticed how sometimes the mind is so preoccupied with thoughts and no matter what happens around us, we are just swimming in our own little pool of thoughts? The other day I was in the metro stop and a drunk young girl, I mean a beautiful gorgeous girl, was laying on the floor next to a bench. Another young girl was standing by her. I remember I looked for quite a while without seeing what was happening. I was walking back and forth as I usually do in metro stops, yes maybe a sign of restlessness, and I, by the way, count my steps sometimes, if I am not singing :) until I came back to my senses and heard my inner voice, come on girl you are a doctor you should help! And when I attended to the matter some other ladies were walking towards them too.
The girl on the floor was so numb not feeling the cold. The girlfriend standing there though was restless. She was walking back and forth but in a one meter scale of space, much smaller than the ones I do. I tried to communicate with the drunk girl, in few seconds I wished myself good luck sarcastically. I asked the restless girlfriend if she had called the ambulance and she said no!  She began crying  and said in  Norwegian I am gonna call her mother. I felt such a guilt in her voice, she didn't want to do that but she was young and helpless, oh dear, I felt for that girlfriend.

 My mind flew away, oh she has a mother! How does a mother feel when she finds out  her beautiful daughter is wasted, laying on the cold floor in a metro stop? I knew my phone was flat so I just went to the girlfriend and pat her back and said you are not responsible for this my dear, call the ambulance and she will be taken care of. I have no idea why I said what I said. Meanwhile an irritated Norwegian woman who was trying to slap the drunk girl and was talking angrily, caught my attention, she was talking forever. I knew everyone who was seeing the drunk girl was irritated and everyone had the right to be! No one wants to see a beautiful young girl laying on the dirty floor in the cold winter. It simply doesn't fit the perfect picture.

A girl who had covered her hair with a scarf and seemed to be of an African origin called the ambulance. I felt relieved. The angry irritated woman didn't bother me anymore, but the wasted girl and the sweet girlfriend had jumped into the pool of my thoughts and the water that had splashed from that dive had waken me up.

Had the young girl known once she would be wasted she would disturb her girlfriend, a whole group of people, the ambulance crew, the hospital staff and most of all her parents, would she drink?
 Was it peer pressure? Did she need attention from her parents who were diving in their own pools of thoughts? Was she a child victim of a divorce? Did she have a heartbreak from a guy who didn't know the relationship was taken so seriously by her? Had she failed an exam? What was the pain she was going through that was worth hurting herself and whole lot of other people to pay for it?

I am thinking out loud now, had she been educated to care for her own body and mind as well as for others,
had she been educated that we are One and when one of us is disturbed others will be disturbed too, had she been educated to stay with herself, no matter what happens in life, that she was so beautifully unique in her being, so noble is her soul, would she drink at all?

+Shadi Safajou
+Nahal Tavangar
+Ajang Farid
+NORWAY
+Norwegian Online News Association (NONA)
+ZsurigoWorks Kft.
+Leyla Tavernaro Haidarian
+Todd Khozein 

No comments:

Post a Comment