Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Writing to you because my heart is brimming with love



It is 31st of December of 2013 and I am writing because my heart is brimming with love. I have just come back from London and I had a wonderful time in the Persian art and literature conference. http://persianbahaiconference.com/  Apparently this was the 17th conference and my first one to attend. I wrote „ what a shame” and then deleted it :) because I think I have always been in the places I needed to to be and I think I was in the best place right in that conference this year.

 If you are a lover of Persian literature, Persian music, scholarly talks by some of the most renounced Persian speakers, a large respectful gathering where you would hear and learn about Iran and despite what is happening, you would be encouraged to forgive and be an active participants in the affairs related to building peace in Iran and the world, you would have loved this conference. Who knows we may meet there next year.
I am pretty sure my feelings and what I picked for myself were different from the older generation. I would have loved to have or participate in some kind of workshop on literature but this conference was about series of lectures and some times reports which were really really great. I felt like being in a fancy university on Persian literature. And we were served with Persian food....what else could I ask for?
My heart though brims with love when I remember the moments I spent with my friends. I am hoping they read this blog so I want to thank each and everyone with whom I could have a little private talk. Thank you for being so sensitive and caring towards me, caring enough to want to have a private breakfast or lunch or a corner talk with me. It all meant a world to me and I mean it from the depth of my heart. In one of the sessions when I asked to sit next to one of you and you said yes of course this seat was reserved for You....you may have joked but I absorbed it with much love. So thank you!

 Some of you I had only met once or twice before but only God knows how much I had always thought about you and had loved you, and to hear that the love had been mutual...my God how grateful I am to have you in my life and even more... to be able to love you so much.
The www.NoveenTV.org crew were there too. It blew my mind to know just a handful of dedicated people are doing such a great job.God bless them. It was good the cameras were not on us so I could be as naughty as I wanted to be.
Although the lectures were not political yet, when I heard the word justice or Iran I constantly thought about the prisoners. At one point I remembered two young nursing  mothers with their babies in prisons, both have been imprisoned because of their belief in the Baha’i faith. I thought to myself in a situation like this who gives hope to whom? Does the mother give hope to the baby or the baby to the mother? Do these babies smile in prisons? Or they cry all the time? I heard they were very sick at some points, would the prison officers care for them? Can anyone resist seeing a baby and not be soft and talk in a sweet language with her/him? How can a baby- that in our Islamic Persian culture we said they were purer than the Holy book Quran- be in a prison.
When I was a child I used to think prison was for criminals, no wonder I moved to Norway, in this country not only the nature and their houses are exactly like the ones I used to draw but prisons are for criminals.
Not to go too far, my friends I came home after the conference I thought I lit some candles I buy some flowers and I write few words of love to you. I wish you a peaceful 2014, may this year be a year of freedom for all who deserve it. May Iran become a land of purity, respect, prosperity and justice where babies are in cradle of love and their mothers and cellmates are busy caring for them building the future Iran. 



No comments:

Post a Comment