Friday, April 25, 2014

Meeting Dalai Lama

  

Have you noticed or seen yourself when in the middle of a chaos? How do you act? Do you panic? Do you talk to yourself like I do ( sometimes out loud) I am embarrassed sharing it with you :) 

Or are you amongst those highly Dalai Lama spiritual type of people who seems to be calm under all conditions?Do you swallow your stress and by that I mean you seem calm but the stress is working deep down in your immune system creating some antibodies against your own body? ( we call it autoimmune disease)

 Or even meaner than that, is the stress going right into your DNA and where the cell normally divides in a harmonious environment, your DNA screams and runs around and says I want to go nuts?  By that I mean some cancer cells lingering!

 I am not Dalai Lama but I love this man and a part of me wants to be like him so I practice meditation, a little every day. The reason I haven't become like him is because I spend more time on getting dressed and putting make up than the time I spend on my meditation! I have to be honest with myself : )

Did I tell you I have met Dalai Lama? Years ago when I was volunteering in an international conference that Club of Budapest had organized. There I met all kinds of VIPs.  But I wanted to have a picture of Dalai Lama.

 I was waiting at the staircase where I knew he would arrive and when he stepped up I got my old camera and tried to take a picture. Believe it or not when he saw me he stopped and he greeted me! It felt like the music had stopped and he stood there and looked at me with the loveliest smile ever. His look was so loving yet so piercing I just put the camera down and greeted him back.  I couldn’t take the picture.  And I said it out loud " I can't do it" :) His smile was even wider and I was so touched by his humility.

Now I can spend the rest of my life standing in front of the mirror and put make up on my eyes and lips, I know I will always envy that make up-less smile of Dalai Lama!

My conclusion is if I exchange  the time of make up and dressing up to the meditation and service in my life, who knows what becomes of me, I may sleep less to catch up with the make up : ) LOL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment