Tuesday, April 29, 2014

This is really serious!!!!:)

Do you laugh in your everyday life? Do you make sure you laugh in your everyday life?
Do you lead a serious life!!! Do you find it crazy that there is a group of people who get together to laugh?

The first time I heard about this was years ago.

 I used to practice quite a serious lifestyle, working in cancer research, writing my dissertation, finishing up several publications, engaged in promoting Human Rights, reading everyday many many bad news in relation to discriminations, serving as a volunteer PR officer for an organization that really had nothing to sell but to promote peace and justice, learning all kinds of alternative ways of healing and medicine that were totally unacceptable by the other wonderful guys I was working with academically, attending to patients in my private practice and, of course, having a huge network of people with whom I loved to spend some quality time but, even if I did, we always ended up talking about one of the serious topics mentioned above!

I don't really remember laughing!

I do know I didn't make an effort to make sure I laugh everyday! But instead I always had a " to do" list and made sure it was done by the end of my late nights.

Now I want to tell you that in my free time in between two meetings, the places I visited were toy shops, art (painting galleries) and book shops of course. I do not have children you see and the few times I mentioned that to my friends that I often go to toy shops, they gave me a quick soundless hmmm and then next serious topic, I mean come on! A topic of how to loose weight over a delicious chocolate cake and coffee is way too serious for a woman's mind, it really is, specially when you want to relax and just enjoy the taste and maybe the view.

I was born after five siblings. Knowing my culture and my family, I can imagine they all played with me like a doll and made me laugh with making all kinds of faces and sounds. I was brought up with lots of laughter, I am a happy being in my essence and I wonder when did I begin to be so serious?

Looking back at my life, I think I still want to be engaged in my so called "serious" endeavors, but I do want to make sure I put laughter on the top and end of my "to do" list!

If I find nothing to laugh about I look into the mirror and make some faces to make the little girl in me laugh :) but before that I may try to watch a video of Omid Djalili <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haz3i35vV8A





No comments:

Post a Comment