Monday, January 6, 2014

Writing to learn how to behave :)

Have you ever felt you just want to be by yourself? You do not want to socialize and meet other people? I think it happens to everyone once in a while. I am trying to figure out what can be the reason.
Often time my patients who come with low energy and lack of motivation express that they don't have the mood to meet other people. It comes out  in the consultation that either they have been disappointed in some friends or, they have had a heartbreak and in some it is because they can't " Be Themselves" they say.

Disappointment comes from having expectations at first. Unfortunately we have been - in one way or another- brought up with being expected to be someone we were not. Just look back at the way we were brought up, we had to behave when we wanted to be playful, we had to be serious when we wanted to laugh and giggle in some serious setting in our childhood. We had to stay clean in a fancy dress when we wanted to play and get muddy:)
 Our brain has learned this pattern and we continue to do the same until we decide to change pattern.

Changing pattern is a very interesting phenomenon. Why do I not laugh in the middle of a concert? Is it because I have been told? Have I ever made that as my choice?

The thing I am suggesting here is to begin with small behavioral patterns we have and question them to see weather we are still following an old pattern and is there an authority who is forcing me to do that or am I the one who tells me not to laugh in the middle of a concert? :)

There are so many of such behaviors, should I always agree in gathering and consultations? Should I avoid conflicts? Should I get dress to please the people I am meeting?

Why shouldn't I bite back when someone says something hurtful to me? Is it because I can't bite back? Is it because I have been taught not to bite back? Or, is it because I am a descent woman and I don't bite back?


No comments:

Post a Comment